Your guided tour will take you through over 250 metres of stunning underground scenery commencing with the impressive Cathedral. The acoustics in this particular cavern are world-renowned. Acclaimed New Zealand Diva, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, has sung here and was delighted with the purity of the sound. Your tour begins at the upper entrance of the cave and proceeds along a low narrow passage to the Tomo, a deep limestone shaft. Your experienced tour guide will deliver a highly informative commentary about the formations and the history of the area. The highlight of your tour is an unrivalled boat trip through the spectacular Glowworm Grotto.
THE BOAT RIDE
Marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Meander underground along the Waitomo River and gaze in silence at the myriad of glow worm lights that make up the Glowworm Grotto. As you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights, you'll immediately experience a serene ambience and be fascinated and intrigued by tiny glowworms that light your way.
Hours of Operation:
- Open from 9am daily, 365 days a year.
- Summer Hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm (01 November - 31 March)
- Winter Hours: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Additional Tour Information:
- Bring comfortable walking shoes and a warm jacket.
- The Waitomo Glowworm Caves are accessible to those with reasonable mobility, with good handrails and paths.
- Please note: the Waitomo Glowworm Caves do not have wheelchair access. However
Ruakuri Cave is wheelchair friendly.
|Waitomo Glowworm Caves||Price|
|Family Pass (2 adults / 2 children*)||$118.00|
|* Optional additional adult $48.00 (per person)|
* Optional additional children $16.00 (per child)
Special Offer: wet hair deal!
Maximise your glow worm experience by adding to your trip our famous
Black Labyrinth. Grab a Black Labyrinth and
Waitomo Glowworm Caves trip and receive
50% OFF your Waitomo Glowworm Caves pass.
find out more...
Wet Hair Combo||
Usual package price||