Black Abyss is the ultimate Waitomo adventure and is the caving tour of choice for natural born adrenaline junkies everywhere.
Descend into the seemingly bottomless black depths of the glow worm studded Ruakuri Cave. This five hour expedition combines abseiling the 35 metre tomo, climbing, whizzing down a flying fox and cave tubing underneath glow worms into one unforgettable journey.
At every stage you're accompanied and supported by experienced caving guides from The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co. who know and love this totally unique and mind-blowing environment.
Note: online bookings need to be made at least 48 hours prior to your arrival at the caves
|The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co.||Regular Price||Online Price|
|Black Abyss Tour||$225.00||$202.50|
To complete the Black Abyss caving adventure tour requires a moderate level of fitness. Minimum age restrictions apply. All equipment is provided, including footwear, tubes, wetsuits, helmets, abseiling devices and safety equipment. Just bring yourself, your swimwear, a towel and a thirst for adventure.
At the end of the expedition, enjoy a hot shower and complimentary hot soup and a bagel.
Tour departure Times
- 9.00am, 2.00pm
(Additional times on demand)
What You need to know
- Allow 5 hours
- Beginner level
- You must be 16 years and 45kg +
- Need swimwear and towel
- Water temperature 10-14 C
- Wetsuits and footwear provided
- 8 people per tour maximum
- Abseiling training
- Abseiling 35 metres
- Caving and walking
- Cave tubing (black water rafting)
- Glow worms
- Flying Fox
- The 10% discount offer is valid for bookings made via this website only.
- Subject to availability and weather conditions.
- Minimum of 2 people per trip.
- Prices and times are valid until 30th September 2014 and are subject to change without notice.